Erasmus+ Programme supports traineeships for students such as work placements, internships and other practical experiences abroad.
The main aim of doing a traineeship is to gain experience, improve your communication, language and inter-cultural skills but also to acquire soft skills required by future employers and be well prepared for the labour market. It is recommended to combine traineeships with a study period abroad.
If you are:
• Enrolled in a nationally accredited higher education institution
• Enrolled in one of the study programmes for a recognized degree qualification
• At least in the second year of your BA degree.
Contact your the international office at your university for more information on Erasmus+ opportunities.
The traineeship abroad can last from a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 12 months or from 3 to 12 months if combined with a study period.
Which organisations are eligible?
Non-academic organisations are eligible to host students on traineeships such as:
• a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
• a public body at local, regional or national level;
• a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
• a research institute;
• a foundation;
• a school/institute/educational centre;
• a non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
• a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services;
The financial support is identical to the grants received during mobility for studies.
Kosovo students will receive a monthly grant up to €900.
International students vising Kosovo will receive a grant of €700 per month.
1. Your higher education institution and the receiving organisation must sign a Learning Agreement for Traineeships.
2. You receive Erasmus+ Student Charter, explaining your rights and obligations for the traineeship abroad.
After the Traineeship abroad:
3. The receiving organisation should send you and your higher education institution a Traineeship Certificate within five weeks after successful completion of the traineeship.
4. Your higher education institution must recognise your traineeship abroad, according to the commitments agreed upon in the learning agreement and without any further requirements.
5. If your higher education institution is in a Programme country, the information contained in the Traineeship Certificate should also be included in the Diploma Supplement.